Making your hair thin is a great way to create a more natural and youthful look. It can also help reduce the amount of styling time and create a more manageable hairstyle. There are several methods available to make your hair thin. Whether you choose to use heat, chemical treatments, or scissors – the following steps will help you create the perfect look.
How to curl thick hair
Curls are a great way to add texture, volume, and dimension to your hair. However, when it comes to thick hair, achieving beautiful curls can be a challenge. Thick hair tends to be heavy and can lack volume, which can make it difficult to create curls that stay in place. Fortunately, with the right techniques and products, you can easily curl thick hair for a voluminous and stylish look. This guide will discuss how to curl thick hair, from the best techniques and products to use to styling tips and tricks. With the help of this guide, you will be able to create curls that last all day long.
Short Hairstyles With Highlights And Lowlights
Let’s consider some pros of short hairstyles with highlights and lowlights:
- As opposed to a standard one color hair, such technique makes it possible for you to create a stylish, unforgettable image and stand out from the crowd. If you are willing to create a more natural look, then it’s suggested to dye thin strands of hair.
- It’s not required to dye your hair every two months in order it to look good. The technique makes it impossible to see whether hair roots have already grown and let you dye your hair not that often.
- Highlights and lowlights will not only help you change the image completely but also become more confident and look brilliant no matter what even not styling the hair every single day.
- Such technique is perfect for ladies with any hair length – short, medium-length and long.
Here are a few types stylists recommend when willing to create a unique look:
- Californian highlights. Such technique is suitable for both blondes and brunettes. Californian highlights create a faded, sun-kissed effect which looks perfect on short hair. Stylists usually use hazelnut shades on blondes, while honey and caramel hues are used on brunettes in order to create a spectacular look.
- American technique. Given technique is a catch for girls who like experimenting with hairstyles. American technique can make an image more vivid and eye-catching – a stylist may combine up to 5 hues in order to reach the desired result. Giving preference to this technique, you can dye strands of hair in diverse colors starting from yellow and ending with blue one.
- Balayage. Balayage is a godsend for each woman who is willing to change her look completely. This is one of the most widespread techniques most ladies give preference to. It’s not surprising balayage has gained in popularity so fast – it looks incredible on any hair length; ladies with the shortest cuts may choose such technique and look fantastic.
- Majimeche highlights. This technique creates natural golden blonde highlights and makes hair look even shinier and healthier. Choosing such technique, you can lighten hair strands by up to 5 levels.
3 Best Short Hairstyles for Square Faces and Fine Hair
If you are a girl with thin hair, you know how frustrating it can be to grow a long mermaid braid. But having thin hair doesn’t mean you can’t feel amazing and beautiful. There are so many modern, stylish, and interesting hairstyles for the type of hair you have that you shouldn’t even search for too long.
Is your hair complemented with a square face shape? Don’t worry, a lot of celebrities have the same features as you. Don’t you think Natalie Portman, Salma Hayek, and Nicole Richie look beautiful having a square face shape? They’ve found the hairstyles that match their features and hair type the best. Why can’t you do the same? Check the next three short hairstyles for square faces and fine hair to pick the one, which is going to suit your character better than others.
Ideal Hairstyles for Square Faces
What square-shaped girls need is giving more vertical length rather than a horizontal one to their faces. With a haircut for a square shape, you want to elongate your face instead of making it more square. Give more length to it. This trick will complement your features more than any other haircut.
So, here’s what you can do for a short haircut if you own beautiful fine hair and a wide chin with a wide forehead.
- Short haircuts with a side part to break up the symmetry of a square shape. A side swept and more volume at the crown will make your face long and the features softer. You can even go for a bob if it is not a classic bob, but a haircut with lightness. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis often go for this trick.
- A super short pixie with a fringe. You can do a short pixie like Zoe Kravitz does if you add bangs to it. If you own beautiful cheekbones, this will make them pop even more.
- And the last but not the least is side bangs. If you already have a short haircut that doesn’t really match your face shape, add side bangs to it. This will improve the whole look and spice up the haircut a little bit. Side bangs can do a lot, even for the simplest hairstyle. Olivia Wilde and Vanessa Hudgens use this trick too.
So, with a short hairstyle for a square face you want to get a more oval shape losing the angular effect. Angled bob? Pixie with a fringe? Or maybe side bangs? Pick what you like most and never experience the pain of a wrong haircut anymore.
5-Minute Haircuts and Short Hairstyles for 50 Year Old Woman with Thick Hair
That’s why a lot of older women decide to cut hair short in order to relieve a burden of visiting a hair salon and buying expensive stuff to keep their thick hair nice and healthy all the time. Cutting your hair short when you are over 50 is a huge tendency now. It is popular even among those who in their 20s and 30s. But it’s not that easy to pick a short hairstyle that is going to look great with a thick hair texture.
So, what to go for if you’ve decided to cut your thick waist-length hair in the near future?
Easy-to-Do Short Hairstyles for 50 Year Old Woman with Thick Hair
Have you ever heard about so-called lazy day hairstyles? These are the hairstyles, which are the perfect suit for the owners of a thick hair texture. Such hairstyles are beautiful, practical, and easy enough even for those who have zero skills in doing their hair at home.
- A layered bob. A layered bob with a deep side part is a universal haircut. Using it as a base you can create tons of different day-to-night looks without additional efforts. For example, with a straight hair, it looks very classic and sophisticated. But when it is curled, it looks more romantic and light. The hottest layered bobs are worn by Hollywood celebrities as well. For example, Hayden Panettiere, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, and Kirsten Dunst.
- A long pixie. It is a mistake to consider a long pixie to be a TV-hairstyle only. Many women think it is a very hard hairstyle to manipulate with at home. Actually, everything is different. The right length of a pixie defines how hard or easy it will be for you to style it at home. If you are a mature woman over 50, go for a long pixie. It has a lot of volume and more variations on what to do with it later. With a long pixie, you can change the parting, curl or straighten your hair, and even create a cute half-bun, or give it an edgy look. Celebrities like Julianne Hough, Katie Holmes, and Halle Berry are the best examples of how to wear a long pixie like a pro.
So, don’t hesitate to cut your thick hair short if you have always dreamt of a brand new haircut that will make you look younger and fresher.
Enhance Your Beauty: Short Haircuts for Naturally Curly Hair
Curly short haircuts have a special charm. They can easily spice up even the simplest outfit and make your cocktail dress look even more interesting. So, whenever you go to a hairdresser, think about cutting your curly hair short. Try different hairstyles to find the one that is going to match your features the best.
So, here are a couple of trendy short haircuts for naturally curly hair you can try while visiting your stylist during the next months.
How to Cut Your Hair Short: 5 Trendy Ideas
If you’re tired of spending hours on making your curly hair look nice every morning, try a short haircut. Usually, a short haircut doesn’t require more than a couple of minutes and a hair gel or a hairspray. Isn’t it great for those who want to look stylish but aren’t patient enough for doing a two-hour hairstyle every day?
Many celebrities have already understood that a short curly haircut is the easiest way to give a new angle to their best face features, enhancing them even more. Get inspired by short curly haircuts worn by AnnaLynne McCord, Yaya Dacosta, Lupita Nyong’o, Julia Garner, and Andie Macdowell. And get your own one too.
5 Chic Haircuts for Curly Hair
The following five haircuts will perfectly suit the women of different age and skin color. So, don’t be afraid of experimenting and trying to do something new with your hairstyle too. One thing to remember is that naturally curly hair doesn’t mean letting it air dry and walking out, looking fabulous all day long. Even the shortest hairstyle with a curly texture requires at least the simplest efforts to style it properly.
- An asymmetrical short bob. This haircut is one of the easiest and simplest, in terms of time required to style it correctly. Asymmetrical haircuts always look playful and have a rejuvenating effect. So, if you are a mature woman, definitely try an asymmetrical bob for a younger look.
- A curly pixie. The bigger your curls are, the better this haircut is going to look. A short pixie with big, messy curls has lightness and movement. It looks equally good on younger and older women. By the way, if you want this hairstyle to have a glamorous look, you can additionally curl the strands in the front.
- Bangs. Any curly hairstyle looks cuter when you complement it with the messy bangs. A curly fringe is easier to manipulate with than a full, straight one. So, don’t be afraid it’s going to take a lot of time to style the fringe only.
- A bob with a side swept. Actually, you can do just a classic bob with a middle part and style it in two different ways by switching to a side swept when it is needed. It’s like having one haircut by millions of different ways of wearing it.
- A retro bob. It is a vintage haircut with a very chic and sophisticated effect. It is worn a lot on a red carpet.
So, which of the haircuts are you going to try first? You can start with a middle-parted bob as a classic one.
Cute Short Haircuts for Straight Fine Hair
Actually, a super short pixie can look shockingly good with a fine hair texture. With a shorter hairstyle, your hair won’t look so thin and flat as it is right now. If you want to add more texture, volume, movement, and lightness without additional efforts, definitely go for a shorter hairstyle. Which one to pick? Let’s have a look.
4 Surprisingly Beautiful Short Haircuts for Straight Fine Hair
The following haircuts are going to suit most women with straight fine hair, who are not ready to spend hours doing their hairstyles every morning. By having a short haircut you save a lot of time. It is not only about having your haircut properly chosen, but having chosen it from a practical perspective too.
So, here’s what you can do with straight fine hair to look even more stylish and beautiful.
- Pixie. Of course, a pixie haircut is the first one we’re going to discuss today. It is a very fashionable haircut, worn by so many women of different age and nationality. It seems like this particular haircut has already existed for ages. Most celebrities have already tried it in everyday life and on a red carpet. A pixie haircut is easy to maintain and manipulate with. Look how fabulous it looks on Zoe Kravitz, Michelle Williams, Miley Cyrus, Halle Berry, and Kate Hudson. Those iconic celebrity pixies look different on every woman. So, don’t be afraid to look like someone else. Find your own pixie and style in the way you like.
- Asymmetrical bob. It seems like an asymmetrical bob suits almost anyone. If a classic middle-parted bob looks too heavy and unfinished with a fine hair texture, an asymmetrical bob has an absolutely different effect. It attracts the attention not with the thickness, but with the structure of the haircut in general. For inspiration, check how it is worn by celebrities like Victoria Beckham and Ashlee Simpson.
- A short haircut with a fringe and layers. Layering gives the illusion of volume and thickness. So, if you aren’t sure of going too short with your hair, try layers or bangs. Or try both of them at a time. Your hairstyle is going to look not only fuller but also more interesting and playful. Celebrities like Paris Hilton and Karlie Kloss often go for this trick.
- And the last but not the least is a deep side part. Just go for whatever short hairstyle you love and complement it with a deep side part. Actually, a side swept is a trick used by so many women who want to change their hairstyles without visiting a stylist. A side swept can do wonders. It can completely change the look even without curling or cutting your hair. It is also one of the best celebrity tricks on a red carpet.
Even if you have a fine hair texture you can add lots of volume and movement to your it without using expensive hair treatments. Try a fresh haircut first.